Monday, April 7, 2014

Stamped Spring Gift Tags


Kathleen Berlew - Stamped Spring Gift Tags
I find the act of pressing a rubber stamp onto a clean piece of paper soothing and satisfying. Even though I know that I didn't design the images, transferring them to paper with ink makes me feel like I'm part of the creative process. My rubber stamp collection includes a number of nature-themed spring designs. I've used some of them to create tags for Easter baskets, spring bouquets, or other gifts. They also make pretty ornaments.


The stamps I used are from Inkadinkado® (iris), PSX (nest), Cynthia Hart/Rubber Stampede, Inc.™ (butterfly), and Rubber Stampede, Inc.™ (hydrangea). First I stamped the images on white or cream card stock with black or brown ink. I then tinted the images with colored pencils. (I find coloring even more relaxing than stamping.) To complete the tags, I used double-stick tape to attach the colored designs to slightly larger pieces of card stock in complementary colors. For a finishing touch, I punched two holes at the top of each tag and added a scrap of colorful ribbon. 

1 comment: