Monday, June 30, 2014

Red, White & Blue Ribbon Wreath

I never throw ribbons away. I rescue them from the trash at holidays and birthday parties and store them by color until the right project comes along. My stash of red, white, and blue ribbons supplied all the materials I needed to make this simple, all-American wreath. I didn't even buy a wreath frame; I just shaped a wire clothes hanger into a circle.

I cut the ribbons into 6" lengths, cutting on an angle so the edges didn't fray. Anything in the color scheme was fair game, so I used solids, stripes, polka dots, and any other style of ribbon I had on hand. To decorate the wreath, I tied the ribbons onto the wire frame, creating an even mix of colors. My ribbon collection covered the wreath quite fully, but there's always room for more. I think I'll be adding to it throughout the summer.

The wreath gives a splash of patriotic color to a door or porch, but it can also be used to decorate a Fourth of July party table.

No comments:

Post a Comment