Monday, August 4, 2014

Beach Bookmark


I like the fact that my e-reader automatically saves my place when I finish reading, but I still appreciate the experience of holding a real book in my hands. That means I still need to keep a supply of low-tech bookmarks on hand. 


I made this beachy bookmark from a paint sample card that features shades of marine blue. The seashell rubber stamps are from the Uptown Design Company, but you can use any sea-themed stamp you have. I applied each design onto the colored blocks of the card with an embossing pad, added gold embossing powder, and then used a heat gun to create the embossed effect. To finish the bookmark, I fastened a small grommet to the bottom of the card and attached a starfish charm with a jump ring. The charm makes it easy to find my place and puts me in vacation mode whether or not I'm at the shore.



No comments:

Post a Comment