Thursday, January 22, 2015

Spring Forecast

I'm enjoying the calm of January, but I can't help looking forward to spring. I've been stocking up on supplies for 2015 projects, and it looks like pink may be my favorite color for the season. The print fabrics above are from Jimmy Beans Wool (of course they carry lots of beautiful yarn too). I fell in love with the colors and patterns, but I haven't decided what I'm going to make with them yet.

These new additions to my craft room are Christmas presents from my daughters: A Purl Soho gift card--which I used for embroidery hoops, mini pompoms, and other fun things--and a copy of The Handmade Marketplace by Kari Chapin, which has given me lots of ideas and inspiration. You'll be seeing more of the hoops and pompoms soon!

More pink (and blue and yellow) in this collection of supplies, but these aren't new. They're fabrics, flosses and little things that have been hanging around in my button box for awhile. One of my new year's resolutions is to use them all--finally--in a sewing or craft project. I think the little deer button especially deserves a home. Let's see what I come up with--and how long my pink phase lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment