Monday, March 30, 2015

Button-Covered Easter Egg

I've used buttons to decorate everything from ornaments to purses to pillows. So when I was trying to think of a crafty Easter egg project, I thought why not cover an egg in buttons? As you can see from the pictures here, I had quite a stash of red, aqua and purple buttons on hand. You can use any buttons you have, as long as they're flat and fairly small. If the buttons are too big, they won't fit on the curves of the egg. 

The directions for this project are pretty simple. I  just glued the buttons to the egg with craft glue.  I set the egg on a bottle caps to it them steady and glued on the buttons, working on one section of the egg at a time. Getting the buttons to fit together tightly is like putting together a puzzle, so it's good to have buttons in a variety of sizes. When the egg is dry, use it only for Easter decorating--not for Easter snacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment