Monday, March 2, 2015

Green Eggs and Ham Hoop


Do you like green eggs and ham? I do! So I made this green eggs and ham hoop to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday.
Green eggs and ham patterns.

To make your own serving of green eggs and ham, print out the patterns, adjusting the size so the circle matches the size of your hoop (mine is 3" in diameter). Cut the egg whites from white felt (obviously), the large ham piece from dark green felt, and the small ham piece from bright green felt.

Place a piece of orange cotton fabric in your embroidery hoop and use matching embroidery floss and running stitch to sew the ham and egg pieces in place. Sew on small green buttons for the egg yolks and embroider the round ham bone with white floss.

When I made green eggs and ham, I wanted them to have black outlines like the illustrations in Dr. Seuss's books. To get that effect, I used two strands of black floss and embroidered in split stitch around all the pieces. I also added some detail lines on the egg whites, ham, and the orange background.


I didn't do anything fancy to finish the hoop. I just trimmed the extra fabric even with the hoop. Now I can hang it here, there or anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment