Monday, April 20, 2015

Earth Love Cross-Stitch Pin


I stitched North America first,
then headed south.
If you follow my blog, you've probably noticed that cross-stitch is one of my favorite crafts. This week, I'm celebrating Earth Day with this cute little cross-stitch pin. The original design was just a plain globe, but I decided it needed something extra. After a little experimentation, I came up with the bright pink heart that's floating in the Atlantic Ocean.

To make your own Earth Love Cross-Stitch Pin, just follow the chart below or click here to download and print a copy. I stitched mine, which is 1¾" in diameter, on 18-count white Aida with two strands of DMC floss (see the chart). The pin setting is from the Etsy shop Kailea. I use these settings a lot; they're easy to assemble, and they give the embroidery a nice finished look.

If you'd like to make a larger Earth Love cross-stitch that you can frame, use 11-count Aida instead of 18-count. The finished piece will be about 2¼" in diameter, and you can frame it in a little embroidery hoop.

Earth Love Cross-Stitch Chart     ©2015 Kathleen Berlew



11 comments:

  1. This is great, thank you for sharing it with us. Would you have any objection to me using the chart for a crochet square? I would link back to you for credit

    http://cro-doodles.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see my Earth Love chart adapted to a crochet square! Thank you in advance for linking back to my blog and giving me design credit.

      Delete
  2. That turned out so cute! Thanks so much for linking up with Idea Box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so so so precious! It has been some years since I've done any counted cross stitch, but I am going to be stitching up our beautiful world. Thank you so much for sharing with us! Smiles, Linda at Paper Seedlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it, Linda. I hope you enjoy your return to cross-stitching!

      Delete
  4. This looks so incredible! I'm always so amazed by your talent. Pinned and tweeted. Please join us on Monday at 7 pm and party with us! It is so super fun to see what you have been working on! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete