Monday, May 18, 2015

Stamped Bug Note Cards


If you're like me, you enjoy receiving a hand-written note once in awhile, instead of an email. I also like sending cards that I've made myself for birthdays, holidays--or no occasion at all. I think rubber stamping is the easiest, fastest way to make cards that are pretty and personal. For these bug-themed cards I used scraps of colored card stock from my paper stash and just two inkpads--black and green. 


For the background panels, I stamped swirl, fern, and bamboo patterns on green paper with green ink. For the bug panels, I stamped tiny bugs with black ink on red, yellow, and orange paper. To assemble the cards, I mounted a bug panel on a slightly smaller black background panel with double-stick tape. I used wavy scissors on some of the black panels, but you can use pinking shears or any decorative-edge scissors you like. Next, I mounted the bug panels on the green background panels with more double-stick tape.

When all of the stamped panels were complete, I fastened them to the front of purchased note cards. I used my computer to print "Thinking of you," "Hi There," and "Hello . . ." on my cards in a cute typeface before I assembled the cards. You could also use hand-lettering or rubber stamps to add greetings to your cards. 

These are the stamps I used--swirl background: Penny Black Inc., fern: Rubber Stampede, bamboo: All Night Media. I bought the ladybug, butterfly, and dragonfly stamps many years ago. I don't have the original packaging anymore, so I'm not sure who the manufacturer is. If anyone recognizes them, please let me know so I can give them proper credit. 

5 comments:

  1. I love these :) Especially the one with the fern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello beautiful! This looks so amazing. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on Monday at 7pm because we love to party with you! Happy Memorial Day! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete