Monday, July 20, 2015

Sea and Sun Cross-Stitch Pin


I don't know about you, but these colors--and these stripes--make me think of the beach. I can almost feel the sun and hear the waves even though I'm landlocked here in Pennsylvania.

This project is obviously super simple, and it requires just four colors of DMC floss: turquoise, light topaz, light blue green, and dark straw. You can follow the chart and color key below or click here to download and print a copy of the pattern. The pin setting I used is from the Etsy shop Kailea. (My pin was stitched on 18-count Aida for my pin, and it fits perfectly in a 1 1/2-inch square setting.)



Sea and Sun Cross-Stitch   ©2015 Kathleen Berlew


13 comments:

  1. Looks very lovely and intricate. The beach colors are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim. It's a super simple design, but I do love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be a great project for my 10 year-old he always want to sew and this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Shantel. This would make a great beginner's project. Happy stitching!

      Delete
  4. Love the colors you chose - blues and yellows are always a great combo. Great project. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This looks so fabulous! Pinned and tweeted. Please join us tonight at 7 pm, and party with us. I can’t wait to see your new masterpieces or amazing classics! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really a beautiful piece you have created. And, thank you so much for the well written instructions. I'm just beginning to do a needlepoint picture on a printed canvas. I wanted to learn a new hobby and so far it's so much fun. You are a very creative artist. My best to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This little pin is probably much easier than the needlepoint canvas you're working on. Happy stitching!

      Delete
  7. Looking at this, it kind of reminds me of a belt buckle - great conversational piece in whatever use. Thank you for sharing at our Yarn Fanatic Party!
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com
    YFP #47: http://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2015/08/yarn-fanatic-party-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have revisited this beachy pin and included it in my 20 Yarn-Tastic Jewelry Projects Round Up. Thanks again for sharing it at our Yarn Fanatic Party :)
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com
    Round Up: http://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2016/02/20-yarn-tastic-jewelry-projects-yarn.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Alexandra! The roundup looks great.

      Delete