Monday, August 17, 2015

Busy Bees Cross-Stitch Pin


School may be just a few weeks away, but summer is still in full swing in my garden. The herbs are still growing, the pumpkins have a long way to go, and bees are buzzing around the flowers that are still blooming. I've always liked bees as a design motif, so I stitched up a pin that features five tiny bees buzzing inside a bee skep.


The design uses 18-count antique white Aida and just three colors of DMC floss. You can follow the chart below, or click here to download a free printable chart.
 

I mounted the finished embroidery in a pin setting from the Etsy shop Kailea, but you can also use another setting.

Busy Bees Cross-Stitch   ©2015 Kathleen Berlew




This Bee Pin was featured in the Fall 2014 issue of CraftIdeas magazine. I'll be sharing instructions and a downloadable chart for the coordinating Acorn pin in one of next month's blog posts, so be sure to come back!


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful design. Thanks for sharing and it is so nice to meet you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable Kathleen!
    I used to know how to cross stitch years ago and this inspires me to pick it up again!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Something to Talk About and congratulations on the magazine feature!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. And thanks again for hosting!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, sweetest pin ever! Seriously this is adorable. Thank you for linking up at Snickerdoodle Sunday- hope to see your latest makes tomorrow!

    Sarah (Sadie Seasongoods)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your little mini cross stitch pins. I think the setting you chose is just perfect for them.

    ReplyDelete