Monday, September 14, 2015

Acorn and Crow Cross-Stitch Pin


Last month, I featured my Busy Bees Cross-Stitch Pin on my blog. Today--as promised--I'm sharing my Acorn and Crow pin. This design started out as a cute but plain acorn, and then I thought--why don't I hide a little crow inside? I don't often use half- or quarter-stitches in my designs, but I used them here to keep the crow from looking too boxy.

Like the bee pin, this design uses 18-count antique white Aida and three colors of DMC floss--310 Black, 420 Dark Hazlenut Brown, and 3820 Dark Straw. You can use the chart below, or click here to download a free printable chart.

Acorn and Crow Cross-Stitch   ©2015 Kathleen Berlew

I mounted the finished embroidery in a pin setting from the Etsy shop Kailea, but you can also use another setting.

This pin was featured in the Fall 2014 issue Craft Ideas magazine.

4 comments:

  1. SO adorable, Kathleen! Now I can't decide if I like this one or the busy bees better.... Thank you so much for linking up at Snickerdoodle Sunday- hope to see you again this weekend.

    Sarah (Sadie Seasongoods)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always so amazed by you! This looks so good! Pinned and tweeted. I appreciate you taking the time to party with us. I hope to see you on Monday at 7. Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so darling! Loving the button details:)

    ReplyDelete