Monday, October 12, 2015

Knit Cobweb Scarf


I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania, and by the end of October, the weather is starting to get pretty chilly. Temperatures on Halloween night can be mild or freezing. Sometimes we even get snow flurries. I made this scarf so I'd have something warm and a little spooky to wear during the Halloween season.


My inspiration for the design was cobwebs. After much experimentation I think I came up with a pattern that's lacy and airy--just like the webs that hang around haunted houses. The yarn I used is Simply Soft Party by Caron International. It contains shiny filaments that give the scarf a little bit of sparkle. And can I just say how much of love this fringe? A little bit time-consuming, but well worth the effort. 



This scarf was featured in the Fall 2014 issue of Craft Ideas magazine. Here's the link to the project page: Cobweb Scarf. You can download and print the directions right from the Craft Ideas website. 

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how to knit, but this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are talented!! I have tried for years to learn to knit/crochet and can only do the one dumb line and can never go backwards. :( I need lessons! Thank you for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jamie. As knitting goes, this is pretty simple project. You should definitely give knitting another try!

      Delete