Monday, October 19, 2015

Owl Treat Bag


Who doesn't love owls--and Halloween? I made this owl treat bag a few years ago. I had been playing around with the idea of making felt fringe, and it seemed perfect for this project. The cylinder-shaped bag is made from felt and embroidery floss, with a few button details. I designed the project as a Halloween treat bag, but you could also use it as a tabletop decoration. That's where my owl will be landing soon.


This little guy was featured in the Fall 2013 issued of Crafts 'n Things--now Craft Ideas--magazine. (That's him up there on the cover.) Instead of giving you the directions here, I'm sharing the link to the project page on the Craft Ideas website: Owl Treat Bag. You can print the directions right from the page, which also has a link to printable patterns.

Here are some additional photos to help you understand how the owl is constructed:

Back view

Inside view and handle

Wing detail

6 comments:

  1. Kathleen, this is absolutely fantastic! Wow! Visiting from i heart naptime and pinning. Thank you for sharing with us and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Pinned and tweeted. Thank you for being a part of our party! I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. We love partying with you! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cute! I love it!! This will be featured on my blog tomorrow at Idea Box link party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cyndee--and thank you for featuring my owl on your blog!

      Delete