Monday, November 9, 2015

Tiny Pine Pillows


Another pillow project this week! These pillows are much smaller than the one I made last week, and they're filled with fragrant pine balsam. I've made pine sachets on my blog before (in fact, there's another Christmas-themed one coming up in a few weeks), but I think these are the tiniest. They're easy to stitch, and they make great little last-minute gifts. 


You can make your tiny pillows out of any fabrics you have in your stash, but I think this print fabric is perfect. It's Summer Camp Blanket in gold by Mark Cesarik. For the pillow backs I used wool-blend felt in gold and crimson. I really like the combination of colors and textures.


For each sachet, I cut one 3-inch square from the print and another from the felt. I pinned the pieces together, right sides facing (although there really is no wrong side to the felt) and sewed the edges together with 1/4-inch seam, leaving an opening for turning. 

To finish the pillow, I turned it right side out, filled it with pine balsam, and whip-stitched the opening closed. That's it! These tiny pine pillows take just minutes to make, but I think they have a charming, handmade look. They smell great too.


7 comments:

  1. I really like this idea! It would be a nice sachet for people who don't like flowery scents. And they turned out very cool. I love the fabric you used. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love the scent of pine year-round. I have to agree, I love this fabric too.

      Delete
  2. I love your choice of fabric for these sachets. I agree that the pine scent is wonderful. Pinned and Tweeted. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea :) Would be great as gifts and for stocking stuffers!
    Congratulations, you are being featured in this week's
    Snickerdoodle Mini Round Up!
    Have an awesome day!
    Joanita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you like it, Joanita. Thanks for featuring my project in the Mini Round Up!

      Delete
  4. This is perfect! Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you taking the time to party with us! I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm, so we get to see your fabulous new creations. The party goes until Friday at 7 pm. Happy Sunday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete