Monday, December 21, 2015

Sew-Inspired Ornaments


Christmas is just days away, so I'm entering the "If it's not done now, it's not going to get done" phase of holiday preparation. I do have one more quick Christmas craft to share. It's really not a craft at all--just a pretty way to transform odds and ends from your sewing room into holiday ornaments.


The project begins with those beautiful, versatile clear glass ornaments you can find at craft stores. They come in different sizes. The ones I used are about 3 inches in diameter. I've seen these ornaments filled with everything from sand and seashells to photographs. 

Today, I'm filling them with sewing supplies left over from my Christmas crafting binge. I filled mine with mini pompoms, buttons, beads, sequins, ribbon, and rick-rack. Use your imagination and see what crafty fillers you can come up with.


To finish, pop the tops on the ornaments and add hanging ribbons. If you're hesitant to part with your treasured supplies to make ornaments, don't worry. When Christmas is over, you can retrieve most of the fillers from the ornaments and put them back into circulation in your craft room. However, I think those snowflake sequins are in there for good. 


4 comments:

  1. OOh, I like that idea! They are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bobbi . . . hope you have a Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. What a cute ornament idea and gift for someone who sews.

    ReplyDelete