Monday, December 14, 2015

Snowflake Sequin Garland


I love sequins of all sizes, shapes, and colors. When I found these pretty snowflake spangles at the craft store, I just couldn't resist. There are a lot of sequins in those little packages, so I wanted to come up with a project that would let me use a bunch of them. A garland seemed like a great idea. And an even better idea was to use white baby rick-rack instead of ribbon or cord. I hope you agree!


This is another easy project--and it's a good thing, because Christmas is really getting close! I just used white embroidery floss, which has a nice sheen, to sew the snowflake sequins to the rick-rack, spacing them a few inches apart. I used tiny pearls on my garland to hold the snowflakes in place, but you could use seed beads or small buttons. Just keep stitching on snowflakes until your garland reaches the length you like. 


The finished garland is lightweight and delicate--just like a flurry of snowflakes. You can use it decorate your Christmas tree, a window, a mantel, or even a holiday table.


2 comments:

  1. So pretty! You have a lot of patience to assemble those small pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Audra. Patience--and really good lighting!

    ReplyDelete