Monday, January 11, 2016

"X-Files" X-Stitch


As a longtime "X-Files" fan, I am super excited about the six-episode revival series that's coming to FOX on January 24. I've been re-watching original episodes to get ready for the big event. And of course, I couldn't resist creating an X-Files project for my blog.

If there are any other X-Files x-stitchers out there, this one's for you. It's my adaptation of the poster that hangs in Mulder's office. It's an easy design that uses just four colors of DMC floss. I stitched mine on 14-count black Aida fabric and framed it in a 5 1/4-inch hoop. To make your own "I Want to Believe" cross-stitch hoop, you can follow the chart below or click here to download a free printable chart. 

"X-Files" X-Stitch   ©2016 Kathleen Berlew



If you're looking for something to watching while you're working on your X-Files x-stitching, here's a list of my favorite ten episodes in chronological order (they're available on Netflix streaming). And yes, I'm aware that there are 11 episodes on my top ten list. I'm counting the two "Dreamland" episodes as one.

D.P.O. (Season 3, Episode 3)
Clyde Buckman's Final Repose (Season 3, Episode 4)
 Jose Chung's "From Outer Space" (Season 3, Episode 20)
Small Potatoes (Season 4, Episode 20)
Post-Modern Prometheus (Season 5, Episode 6)
Bad Blood (Season 5, Episode 12)
Dreamland: Part I (Season 6, Episode 4)
Dreamland: Part II (Season 6, Episode 5)
The Unnatural (Season 6, Episode 19)
Field Trip (Season 6, Episode 21)
Hollywood A.D. (Season 7, Episode 19)

Enjoy! And remember . . . the truth is out there.


10 comments:

  1. X-files - such a classic! And what a fun way to celebrate the revival series! Thank you for linking up with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday! Have a great week!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't cross stitch, but I am a longtime X-Files fan. You're post caught my eye almost immediately! This is so cool. By the way, are you counting down days until the revival? I know I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I've never used black aida cloth for some reason, so now I've got an excuse to go get some. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keri! Black Aida can be a little hard on the eyes, but I think it's worth the effort.

      Delete
  4. Aw yes! This is the first X-Files craft I've seen in celebration of the upcoming miniseries, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So great to find a fellow fan . . . glad you like my X-Files project.

      Delete
  5. this is absolutely amazing!! Thanks so much for putting this out for free, I've been watching the show on Netflix and I'm obsessed. A lot of other patterns aren't as simple or cute! Can't wait to try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you like it, Natalie. Happy stitching and enjoy the show--it's one of my all-time favorites!

    ReplyDelete