Monday, May 9, 2016

Cross-Stitch Veggie Hoop


I love veggies--cooking them, eating them, and stitching them. I'm not much of a vegetable gardener, but I did make this little veggie cross-stitch hoop to celebrate gardening season. I stitched the radish, carrot, asparagus, peapod, and tomato design with DMC embroidery floss on 18-count white Aida, and it fits perfectly in this little 3-inch hoop. If you would rather use a different size of Aida or even-weave fabric, just adjust your hoop size. Click here to download and print the chart and color key.


If you're new to cross-stitch, this is a good beginner project. There are only seven floss colors, and it stitches up really fast. I finished this carrot in a few minutes while I was watching TV (or, more accurately, listening to TV).


And here it is, all finished and framed. Those veggies look good enough to eat, don't you think?

13 comments:

  1. This is so darn cute. You did a great job making this.
    Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julie--and thanks for hosting!!

      Delete
  2. Oh man...I used to LOVE to cross stitch! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Recipes, Crafts, Tips and Tricks Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess. I appreciate the invitation!

      Delete
  3. Had to stop by and tell you how this simple yet beautiful piece caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet compliment, Dana . . . thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. That's so cute! I love cross stitch! Thank you for sharing! Pinned to The Really Crafty Link Party Pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely, what a sweet idea for a kitchen wall. I love to listen to the tv whilst stitching too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia! I'm so glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  6. This is so cute! I remember learning to cross stitch as a little girl. I'd sit for hours creating something. It's been awhile since I've picked it up. This has truly inspired me to get back into it. I'd love for you to share this at our weekly link party! http://www.thelifeofjenniferdawn.com/2016/05/fun-birthday-party-ideas-little-bird.html Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer--and thanks for the invitation. Heading there now!

      Delete
  7. This is so cute, Kathleen. The veggies look great. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle Sunday! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute. I need to learn how to cross stitch so I can make cute things like this.

    ReplyDelete