Monday, August 15, 2016

Pom-Pom Flip-Flops & Necklace


I've gone a little pom-pom crazy since I bought a pom-pom maker a few months ago. I love making pom-poms in different colors and finding new ways to incorporate them into my crafting. I had a bunch of red pom-poms left over from another project, so I used them to add some fun to summertime accessories.

Even though back-to-school shopping is in full swing, I have no intention of giving up my flip-flops any time soon. But I do think pom-poms gave my red-and-white pair an extra touch of cuteness. I used red worsted-weight yarn and a 1 5/8-inch pom-pom maker to create the pom-poms shown here. (Visit my Pink Pom-Pom Garland post to learn how to use a pom-pom maker.) After I trimmed and fluffed the pom-poms, I just tied them onto the flip-flop straps. And yes, they do tickle!



As you can see, the necklace is also a super-easy project. I just tied five pom-poms, evenly spaced, to the links of a silver chain I had in my jewelry-making supplies. A clasp finished it off, and now my pom-pom necklace is ready for a summer party.


6 comments:

  1. Adorbs! :)

    Would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, and tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute! Thank you for posting on the Merry Monday party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erlene--and thanks for hosting!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Soooo glad you like them Winnie--thanks for stopping by!

      Delete