Monday, August 22, 2016

Seaside Stars & Stripes Cross-Stitch Picture


If you follow my blog, you know I'm a bit obsessed with cross-stitch. I've shared a few simple projects over the past two-plus years. (You can visit the "Free Cross-Stitch Charts" tab above to see the patterns that are available.) I hope some stitchers have found them and enjoyed them. I also hope I've also inspired a few crafters to give cross-stitch a try.

This week I'm celebrating the (almost) end of summer with my Seaside Stars & Stripes Cross-Stitch picture, which was featured in the Summer 2015 issue of Craft Ideas magazine. The stars are white starfish floating in a blue tide. The stripes are made up of red crabs, fish, and lobsters, and white shells and sand dollars. I admit--it's a big project, but it may not be as difficult as it looks. Once you master each little motif, you just stitch the same design again and again.


If you'd like to cross-stitch your own sea-themed stars and stripes, click here to go to the chart and instructions on the Craft Ideas website. If you'd rather start with a simpler project, try the Cross-Stitch Lobster Ornament that I posted earlier this summer.

Happy stitching--whichever design you choose!


14 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen, How creative! Love the starfish, lobster, fish & crab motifs! Well done! Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet! I'm so glad you stopped by. Hope you're having a wonderful week!

      Delete
  2. Love the design! Thank you for sharing. ~ C's Cross Stitch Creations~
    http://christiescrossstitchcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christie! So glad to find your blog and G+ community. Heading there now . . .

      Delete
    2. You're welcome :) I'm happy to have you in the community,I hope that you enjoy it. I'm happy to have found your blog as well. It's wonderful to meet new stitching friends.

      Delete
  3. love it seems to have a vintage thrill with much talent included
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty!! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jess. And thanks for reminding me to post on your Facebook Group!

      Delete
  5. This is pretty. I like how seasonal looks.

    Thank you for sharing this with us on the #HomeMattersParty. We hope to see you again when we open our doors on Friday at 12AM EST.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, that is adorable! I need another new project like I need a hole in the head but I think this just made my must do list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynda. I have quite a backlog of projects brewing too. Happy stitching!

      Delete
  7. Visiting from Awesome Life Friday - this is an awesome project - printing pattern and pinning!

    ReplyDelete