Monday, October 31, 2016

Scrap Basket Halloween Pumpkins


Happy Halloween! My treat for you on this spookiest of days is a super-simple pumpkin decorating project. I used a few buttons and  scraps of ribbon and rickrack to make two happy little Halloween pumpkins. Like Linus in "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," I prefer not to "kill" my pumpkins. This minimally invasive method just inflicts a few pinpricks. The instructions are self-explanatory: assemble your materials, as in the photo at right, and fasten them to each pumpkin with straight pins to make eyes and a mouth. I tied a bow on the orange pumpkin, because I thought its curvy stem looked like a ponytail. The white pumpkin got a cool ribbon-wrapped hairstyle.


As an extra treat, I'm also sharing a list of my favorite scary movies:

Dracula (1931)
Frankenstein (1931)
The Wolfman (1941)
The Body Snatcher (1945)
Thing from Another World (1951)
 Them (1954)
Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)
Tarantula (1955)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
The Blob (1958)
Earth vs. the Spider (1958)
The Fly (1958)
The Screaming Skull (1958)
The Mummy (1959)
House on Haunted Hill (1959)
The Tingler (1959)
The Killer Shrews (1959)
Psycho (1960)
Thirteen Ghosts (1960)

The Day of the Triffids (1962)

As you can see, I prefer my horror classic and/or campy. If all goes well, I'll be watching at least of few of these tonight while I stitch and snack on Halloween candy.

8 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love that you are using scraps too. Love all the Halloween movies you listed also, I have missed a few!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who likes classic sci-fi and horror movies.

      Delete
  2. These are adorable, Kathleen. Thanks for linking up at Snickerdoodle. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love projects that use scraps, and these pumpkins are perfect. Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really adorable.
    Thank you for sharing this with us on the #HomeMattersParty. We hope to see you again when we open our doors on Friday at 12 AM EST.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The no carve pumpkins are so cute! I love the button eyes. Thank you for linking up your post at the #HomeMattersParty. We hope to have you join us again, the door is open Friday at midnight EST.

    ReplyDelete