Monday, November 7, 2016

Gilmore Girls Cross-Stitch Magnet


I know Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away, but I couldn't ignore the other big event that's happening in November--the premiere of Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life on Netflix! Everyone in our house is a huge Gilmore Girls fan, so we've seen the episodes from the original seven seasons dozens of times. To celebrate the return to Stars Hollow, I created a cute little cross-stitch magnet project, compliments of Luke's diner.


I used 14-count white perforated paper and DMC floss--725 Medium Light Topaz and 780 Ultra Very Dark Topaz--to make my magnet. To make your own, follow the chart above and use three strands of floss for the cross-stitches and two strands for the backstitching.


When the stitching is complete, cut around the design carefully. Be careful not to cut too close, or your stitches could fall off the edges. Attach a small magnet to the back with clear glue or double-stick tape.


As far as cross-stitch projects this go, this one is pretty straightforward, but it still requires an hour or two of stitching time. What should you watch while you're working on it? An episode of Gilmore Girls, of course. (The entire series is on Netflix.) Since it's November, I recommend one of my all-time favorite episodes--"A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving" (Season 3, Episode 9). Enjoy!


16 comments:

  1. I can't sew/cross stitch/ knit to save my life but I am a Gilmore Girls fan so I might have to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pretty easy, Kari--but be warned, cross-stitching is addicting.

      Delete
  2. Thanks! I will definitely make this one,although I'm going to try a different approach because I'm pretty sure they don't sell that kind of paper here in Mexico, i will share my end results in Instagram when I'm done, thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, Diana. My local store doesn't carry perforated paper either, so I buy it online. I'm looking forward to seeing how yours turns out!

      Delete
  3. Well done indeed,t hat looks really good. #TheRealCraftyLinkParty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see that series in full on Netflix. I love your cute cross stitching! Thanks for sharing it at C&C with J&J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. It's one of my favorite all-time series.

      Delete
  5. That's a really cute idea! Sadly, the Netflix we have available in Portugal is very limited, so no Gilmore Girls for us... Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teresa. No Gilmore Girls . . . that's so sad.

      Delete
  6. Haha...SO cute!! :) I cannot wait for this show! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for the Gilmore Girls to come back! I am racing through the show with my 14 year old daughter!

    Thank you for linking up at our Home Matters Link Party!

    Have a lovely evening,

    Randi :)

    #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Randi. I loved watching the series with my daughters.

      Delete
  8. I'm going to use this design and attach it to a crochet coffee cozy i want to make! This is awesome!! I only found one other Luke's cross stitch pattern, and i like this one way better!!! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it. I'd love to see your finished project--please let me know if you share it on Instagram.

      Delete