Monday, December 5, 2016

Pink Christmas Tree Cross-Stitch


I've always wanted a pink Christmas tree--one with fluffy faux branches, white twinkle lights, and colorful kitschy ornaments. Since I haven't gotten around to indulging my pink tree craving yet, I decided to make a miniature cross-stitch version. (The design is actually worked primarily in backstitch and half cross-stitches. The only full cross-stitches are on the base.)


I stitched my little tree on 18-count white Aida, which creates a finished design size of 1 1/2" by 2 1/2". I used two strands of DMC Light Effects E168 Silver for the base, trunk, and branches. For the "needles," I used three strands of DMC Six-Strand Embroidery Floss in 776 Medium Pink and 605 Very Light Cranberry, alternating the shades along each branch. To add some extra sparkle to the design, I sewed a pink seed bead to the tip of each branch and the top of the tree.

Pink Christmas Tree   ©2016 Kathleen Berlew

Follow the chart above to stitch your own tiny tree. Of course, you can use any colors you like. I think I might make one that's all silver--I'm in a vintage kind of mood these days. I framed my finished tree in a little silver frame at a flea market last year for fifty cents (I can't resist bragging about a bargain), and I think it suits the design perfectly. I may not have room in my house for a full-size pink tree, but I can definitely find a spot for this one.

18 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Kathleen! I love the pink! Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle. Pinning to my Christmas Board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stopping back by to let you know we'll be featuring your lovely cross stitch tree at today's party! Hope to see you there!

      Delete
    2. Wow, that's so exciting--Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Very cute...thanks for sharing the patter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes a perfect picture and a lovely christmas gift. Popping over from The Real Crafty Link Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it--thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Wow Kathleen your cross stitch tree is just beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J.
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the compliment, Julie. Thanks for hosting each week!

      Delete
  5. It's really pretty, thank you for the pattern. I've been meaning to embroider a few gift bags for Christmas and this may be the perfect pattern to use.
    And thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party too! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Teresa--happy stitching! And thanks for hosting each week.

      Delete
  6. Love this and thanks for sharing a tutorial so we can make our own.#TheReallyCraftyLinkParty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks pretty. Thank you for linking with us at #HomeMattersParty . We would love to have you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww...so cute! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete