Monday, February 6, 2017

Cross-Stitch Hearts & Arrows


Don't wait for someone to surprise you with a Valentine's Day gift--make one for yourself! Aren't these hearts-and-arrows cross-stitch pendants sweet? And better yet--they're super simple to make.

If you follow this blog, you know how much I love these jewelry settings from the Etsy shop Kailea. I stitched my hearts and arrows on 18-count white Aida, so the finished pieces fit perfectly in the rectangle pendant setting. Follow the charts below to stitch your own. I used two strands of DMC six-strand embroidery floss in 3831 Dark Raspberry, 3852 Very Dark Straw, 995 Dark Electric Blue, and 996 Medium Electric Blue. It's not a traditional Valentine's Day palette, so feel free to substitute pinks, reds, or your own favorite colors.

Cross-Stitch Hearts & Arrows   ©2017 Kathleen Berlew

Cross-Stitch Hearts & Arrows   ©2017 Kathleen Berlew
This project was originally featured in the Winter 2015 issue of Craft Ideas magazine. Click here to go to the instructions and charts on their website.


11 comments:

  1. These look great! I love when I find another cross-stitch fan. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I don't tend to do too well with cross stitch projects, as I work better on canvas, but I have pinned and would like to give it a shot.
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and timely (for Valentine's Day). Thank you for sharing your adorable pendants at the Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am featuring your pendants at the Snickerdoodle party today!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Sharon--that's so exciting!

      Delete
  4. So pretty! Perfect for Valentine's. Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to cross stitch a lot in college. These necklaces are just too cute! Thanks for visiting us at #CCBG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this looks so cute! I like the colors you used to make them!

    ReplyDelete