Monday, March 6, 2017

Felt Celtic Pins


St. Patrick's Day doesn't last just a day anymore--it's a month-long celebration complete with parades, dinners, and wearing of the green. When I was in grade school, I used to push the limits of my Catholic school's dress code with green accessories, right down to green shoelaces and nail polish. Although I'll still wear green beads and a plastic leprechaun hat during my family's annual St. Patrick's Day dinner, I have developed an appreciation for more subdued Irish-themed accessories. Sometimes, I even make my own.

These appliqued Celtic pins are sewn from green and gold felt and embellished with simple embroidery. I admit, the pieces are pretty tiny, but I think the end result makes the patient snipping and stitching worthwhile. The pins were featured in the 2016 Spring issue of Craft Ideas magazine. Click here to go to the instructions and patterns on their website.

Looking for other St. Patrick's Day projects? Check out these cross-stitch designs--Shamrock and Thistle Pins and Irish Flag--which I featured previously on the blog. Click on the link below each photo below to se the original blog post.

Shamrock & Thistle Cross-Stitch Pins

Cross-Stitched Irish Flag

9 comments:

  1. Kathleen, These pins are fantastic! Congratulations on the feature! Pinned. Thanks for sharing with us at Snickerdoodle!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie! I love visiting Snickerdoodle every week.

      Delete
  2. They are really pretty, thank you for sharing! Added to The Really Crafty Link Party Pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your pins are so nice. Great work. Thanks for sharing this at C&C with J&J. We hope to see you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie, and thanks for hosting each week!

      Delete
  4. I really think I would enjoy making the felt celtic pins. Thanks for sharing with #CCBG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects! Love the cross stitch, especially! Thanks for sharing with us at Creatively Crafty #ccbg

    ReplyDelete