Monday, March 27, 2017

Felt Easter Peeps Basket


I'm not sure what I liked better about the Easter basket I got every year as a child--the chocolate bunny inside or the fluffy pom-pom peep that was tied to the handle. I never outgrew those little yellow peeps. I have a flock of peeps that come out every year with my Easter decorations. Last year, my love for Easter peeps inspired me to make this little felt basket.

The supplies are pretty basic--wool-blend felt in bright yellow, blue, and chartreuse; white jumbo rick-rack; and buttons from my sewing basket. To give the basket some fun texture, I snipped slits on the wings to give them a feathery look, and I added a border of fringed grass around the bottom. This design was featured in the 2016 Spring issue of Craft Ideas magazine. Click here  to go see the instructions and patterns on the magazine's website.

I admit, this basket is too small (just 4 1/2 inches tall) to hold a big chocolate rabbit, but you can fill it with colored eggs, foil-covered chocolates, or marshmallow peeps.



16 comments:

  1. Aww! This is too cute! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess--and thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  2. Kathleen, This is adorable! Pinning! Thanks so much for sharing at Snickerdoodle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julie--I appreciate the Pin!

      Delete
  3. That turned out so cute! It would be perfect for a little Easter treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it Carlee. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. This is a beautiful basket! Cute chick and I especially love the fringey grass at the bottom. Pinning!
    PS I found you via the Creatively Crafty Link Party. I recently started a link-up of my own. I'd love it if you stopped by and joined us! http://www.mybusybeehives.com/2017/03/spring-at-bee-party-6.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always looking for new link parties--thanks for the invitation. I just stopped by the Beehive and checked out all the pretty spring projects.

      Delete
    2. Just wanted to let you know that your basket is being featured this week! Thanks for sharing last week and I hope you share again! http://www.mybusybeehives.com/2017/04/bee-party-7.html

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Julie--that's great news! I'll definitely be back.

      Delete
  5. Oh my, this is the cutest! Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch, Teresa--for pinning and hosting each week!

      Delete
  6. This is seriously cute! I especially love the touch of rick rack. Thanks for sharing with us at Creatively Crafty #ccbg

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just darling! Thanks for sharing this at #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  8. This Easter basket is adorable! Thanks for sharing with Awesome Life Friday!

    ReplyDelete